Ten quotes to inspire your athletes

At Teamer, we’re sure you’re doing a great job of motivating your athletes, whatever the sport.

But from time to time, we all need a little inspiration. Here are 10 great quotes from some true sporting greats that won’t fail to galvanize your troops ahead of the next game.

1. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, basketball

2. “In baseball and in business, there are three types of people. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened.” – Tommy Lasorda, baseball

3. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King, tennis

4. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”- Dan Gable, wrestling

5. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” – Pele, soccer

6. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps, swimming

7. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter, baseball

8. “It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.” – Evander Holyfield, boxing

9. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer, golf

10. “If you are afraid of failure you don’t deserve to be successful!” – Charles Barkley, basketball

Stewart Coggin on Linkedin
Stewart Coggin
Digital Marketing at Teamer
Stewart has worked in sports media since 2002, initially in journalism and now marketing. After four-and-a-half years on the official Premier League website, he switched to marketing in 2012 with sports coaching providers Green Star Media before moving into the world of 5-a-side football with PlayFootball. He now supports the marketing efforts at Teamer.

Join the discussion