Teamer Spotlight: The Stompers

We head to Melbourne, Victoria, this week and our first basketball spotlight with The Stompers.

Manager James Davis is a Teamer veteran and took a few minutes out of his busy schedule to explain how it helps him organise the team’s players on a weekly basis.

When did you first sign up for Teamer?

April 2012.

Why did you start using Teamer?

A friend of mine who loves his gadgets and technology knew I organised a basketball team and said ‘Have you tried using Teamer to organise the team?’. The rest is history, as they say.

How does Teamer help you and your team?

It’s literally a set and forget for me, no mucking around with texts or emails. I log in on Monday, create the event, choose my team and any fill-ins and then press send. Teamer basically does all of the work, especially thanks to the standby function. When I log back in, I can see my team and it’s usually all sorted before Tuesday’s game. The whole team knows how it works and it’s easy for everyone.

Why is Teamer better than texting/emailing/calling?

It’s a one stop shop – you don’t have to worry who you have or haven’t followed up. You don’t need to keep a running tally of who is or isn’t in that night. You create your event, create your team and press send, and Teamer makes the magic happen.

Which elements of Teamer do you use the most?

The event management component.

How user-friendly do you find Teamer?

Amazingly – I’ve been using it for five years and it’s incredibly easy. The app means I can organise the team on the run in about five minutes and as mentioned, I don’t need to worry about following people up all the time.

What are your favourite aspects of using Teamer?

It’s easy, quick and user-friendly. I can add new members whenever we get new players and most of the team uses the app too, which improves their experience of it. And, of course, it’s totally free which is amazing.

Teamer is available to any sports team in the world and is 100% free. Sign your team up today!

Are you a Teamer user? If you want your team to be in the spotlight let us know – [email protected]

Stewart Coggin on Linkedin
Stewart Coggin
Digital Marketing at Teamer

Stewart has worked in sports media since 2002, initially in journalism and now marketing. After four-and-a-half years on the official Premier League website, he switched to marketing in 2012 with sports coaching providers Green Star Media before moving into the world of 5-a-side football with PlayFootball. He now supports the marketing efforts at Teamer.

Join the discussion