Whether it’s a new lacrosse play, drill, or practice plan you need, the coaching gurus at LaxLessons.com have got you covered. Today, LaxLessons shares a stickwork / shooting drill that will get your offense hitting passes on the run and burying shots with time and room.
• 3 lines up top at the midfield line (weaving middies)
• 2 short lines below at goal line extended (feeding attackmen)
• Ball starts up top with the middle line at the face-off X
• Middle line passes the ball to the right side player, who then cradles towards the middle of the field, then passes to the far side player who is moving towards him. The far side player that now has the ball then passes to the top middle player who should have curled around the right side player. This motion should have the players weaving behind each other’s pass.
• When the ball gets back to the Top Middle Player (who started with the ball) he should rip a shot either on the run or time and room.
• The other two players keep curling around and take a feed from the players behind at goal line extended and they too take a shot.
Players up top that took shots take turns replacing the players behind that were feeding them. Players behind that were the feeders now move to the top of the drill to take shots.
Watch ‘Half Field Weave Drill’ in action on LaxLessons.com
LaxLessons is all about revolutionizing the playbook. Their mission is to make drills and plays as realistic as possible in the hope that players (and coaches) new and experienced can learn a new play at the press of a button. Even better, LaxLessons playbooks and drillbooks are compatible on your iPad and iPhone.
Want to take your programs Playbook or Drill book to the next level? Subscribe to LaxLessons coaches page by clicking here. Download them, print them, even watch plays on your phone.
LaxLessons LLC, founded in 2009, is the premier source for everything lacrosse in the Nation’s #1 Lacrosse Hotbed: Hudson Valley/Long Island/Connecticut region. It provides player recruiting profiles and video highlight packages for players, a massively popular high school lacrosse blog for fans, and animated playbooks / drills / practice plans for coaches. LaxLessons.com is for everyone and anyone involved with the fastest game on two feet. LaxLessons.com: Players – Fans – Coaches