Teamer Spotlight: Spencer Cricket Club

With a brand new cricket season upon us, Teamer caught up with Earlsfield-based Spencer Cricket Club, one of the biggest clubs in England.

With over 1200 boys and girls playing at the club, it’s no wonder managers need a helping hand when it comes to organisation.

We caught up with the Under-11 Boys manager Charles Jefferson about why he uses Teamer and how it helps them.

Why did you start using Teamer?

Not really knowing what I was signing up for I blindly accepted the task of managing an age group with 120 boys. The first piece of advice shared by more experienced AGMs…was to “use Teamer otherwise you’ll go mad.” I have never looked back and just about to kick off the 2017 team with 142 boys.

How does Teamer help you and your team?

It just takes all the headaches out of managing weekly training sessions and selecting teams. On any given Sunday we have up to seven league teams in our age group playing matches across three leagues – NEC, MSL and WML. I really don’t know if I could do this without Teamer.

Why is Teamer better than texting/emailing/calling?

Teamer is a great platform to manage teams. I love the fact that our Team Managers set up teams with some reserves and Teamer handles everything else.

Which elements of Teamer do you use the most?

I use Teamer to manage training and teams.

How user-friendly do you find Teamer?

I don’t get many questions from parents. The odd IT request but on the whole it is really easy to use and very visual.

What are your favourite aspects of using Teamer?

The App. I am trying to get all my parents to download as I find that response rates to team selection is higher amongst App users.

Stewart Coggin on Linkedin
Stewart Coggin
Digital Marketing at Teamer
Stewart has worked in sports media since 2002, initially in journalism and now marketing. After four-and-a-half years on the official Premier League website, he switched to marketing in 2012 with sports coaching providers Green Star Media before moving into the world of 5-a-side football with PlayFootball. He now supports the marketing efforts at Teamer.

Join the discussion