Welsh clubs can benefit from free FAW coaching courses

Sport Wales Community Chest provides grants of up to £1,500 to grassroots football teams

FAW coaching session

Are you a Welsh grassroots football coach that wants to progress on your coaching badges but have been held back by the cost?

Well, no need to be held back any longer, as a Sport Wales grant scheme can help you get on official Football Association of Wales (FAW) coaching courses for free.

The Community Chest grant is available to any FAW-affiliated club in Wales and supports all of the association’s Level One and Level Two Coach Education courses, including the FAW ‘C’ Certificate, Football Leaders, Goalkeepers, Futsal, First Aid and Safeguarding courses.

Every sports club across the country can access up to £1,500 every year for initiatives that will help increase participation and improve standards in sport across the country.

So if your club is looking to start a new team, buy some much-needed new kit or equipment or, of course, help new or existing coaches to further their coach education, then this funding boost could be just what you need.

The Community Chest is provided to all councils to manage from Sport Wales so, once your online application is submitted, your details are passed on to the grants panel at your local council, who provide the funding.

To apply for a Community Chest grant or simply find out more, visit sport.wales/communitychest.

Image courtesy of welshfootballtrust.org.uk.

This article appeared in The Clubhouse – the monthly newsletter from Club Website. To get the best grassroots news, offers and competitions straight to your inbox every month, sign up today!

Dan Pope on LinkedinDan Pope on Twitter
Dan Pope
Writer at Teamer
Freelance writer, editor and copywriter, with a passion for grassroots sport. A right back turned football writer, Dan is the former editor of Club Website and has been lucky enough to work in the field of grassroots and community sport for the last 10 years.

Take the hassle out of organising your sports team with Teamer. Organise, communicate and take payments.

2 Comments

1. FORKWA LOUIS FUNWIE on August 22, 2016 at 3:42 pm

i wish to register to improve my coaching talent to help my team Grassland f.c

2. David Mico-Sherwood on September 16, 2016 at 11:55 am

I would like to start help coaching a team to do my 30 community hours for six form and coaching is what I want to do in the future.
    Thanks

Join the discussion