Get poppies for your football kits this Remembrance Weekend

Remembrance Weekend is on the way and thousands of footballers across the country will be paying their respects by wearing poppies on their shirts.

You’ve probably seen Premier League players wearing large poppies on their shirts in recent years and now the Poppies 4 Kits appeal allows amateur teams to do the same, whilst supporting the Royal British Legion’s poppy appeal at the same time.

The self-adhesive poppies – available to buy at poppies4kits.co.uk – can be applied to football shirts for just a single use, meaning that clubs can wear them on Remembrance Weekend but don’t need to keep them on for the whole season.

Having launched in 2014 as a pilot project, Poppies 4 kits proved a huge success, with hundreds of teams across the country wearing the poppy – including the Great Britain women’s hockey team – and donations of over £18,000 far exceeding their £10,000 target.

This year the not-for-profit appeal has set a baseline target of £20,000 and, with 50p from the sale of every poppy going to the Royal British Legion, organisers are confident that, with the support of the grassroots community, they can achieve this target.

Poppies available include the standard red poppy and a ‘1915-2015’ centenary poppy, following last year’s successful ‘1914-2014’ poppy to mark one hundred years since the start of the First World War.

Both poppies will raise essential funds for the Royal British Legion, enabling them to uphold the memory of the fallen and support the future of the living.

Poppies4Kits on shirtHow the poppies work

1. Peel off paper backing
2. Stick poppy onto your kit (or other item)
3. Play your match
4. After match, remove your poppy (can then be applied onto another item)
5. Job done

To buy poppies for your team or find out more about the appeal, visit poppies4kits.co.uk. You can also follow them on Twitter @poppies4kits.

This article appeared in The Clubhouse – the monthly newsletter from Club Website. To get the best grassroots news, offers and competitions straight to your inbox every month, sign up today!

Dan Pope on LinkedinDan Pope on Twitter
Dan Pope
Writer at Teamer
Freelance writer, editor and copywriter, with a passion for grassroots sport. A right back turned football writer, Dan is the former editor of Club Website and has been lucky enough to work in the field of grassroots and community sport for the last 10 years.

Take the hassle out of organising your sports team with Teamer. Organise, communicate and take payments.

13 Comments

1. Teri hodson on November 5, 2015 at 11:54 am

We desperation need 12 stick on poppies for our team we are willing to pay next day delivery. Can you please email me back

2. Angela ditchburn on November 3, 2016 at 10:51 am

Needing 12 for this weeks game thankyou

3. david waring on November 3, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I’m after 15 poppies, required for the 13th, could you email me availability please.

4. Steve epton on November 3, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Need 16 for next weekend

5. Sam on November 5, 2016 at 12:44 am

I’m after 18 stick on poppies.

6. Ady Evans on November 6, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Hi I’m looking to get 40 stick on Poppy’s for next weekend if possible for our football kits would it be possible to email me a price and if you can get them for us please, I’m with Nuneaton Griff football club.
    I’ll wait and hope to here from you.
    Cheers
    Ady Evans

7. Alan on November 6, 2016 at 2:48 pm

We need 15 poppies for Sunday 13 if possible please

8. Jo Harris on November 6, 2016 at 5:08 pm

We would like 60 poppies for our teams could you let us know if you have them in stock?

Thanks

9. Matthew Kerr on November 6, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Hi,
    I’m after 65 poppies for kits can you help?

10. Andrew rigby on November 7, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I’m after 15 poppies for this Sunday’s Remembrance Day how can I get order some what’s the prices please

11. Andrew rigby on November 7, 2016 at 5:46 pm

I’m after 15 poppies ready for Remembrance Day for my football teams shirts how can I order them and how much will they be please

12. Paula Jackson on November 7, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Hi I am needing 10 poppies for out team please can you e mail me details so u can purchase the stick on ones for the strips please thank you

13. John Evans on November 8, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Hi I’m looking for 36 poppies for Sunday is this a possibility and what’s the cost. ? Thanks John

Join the discussion