Club Cashback is a simple and effective way to raise money for your football club by shopping online.
Grassroots football clubs across the UK can experience some early festive cheer with Club Cashback - an online shopping portal that helps put money back into the grassroots game at club level.
The new scheme, a partnership between Club Website and the Football Foundation - the UK's largest sports charity - supports grassroots clubs by helping them to raise much-needed funds every time they shop online via the Club Cashback portal.
With over 2,000 retailers to choose from, including some of the biggest high street brands, every purchase made via the Club Cashback platform will earn your club a cashback reward of between 1-15% of the total sales value.
The scheme will help to ensure future sustainability within the grassroots game by investing cash back where it is most needed - with the clubs themselves.
What your club does with the money generated via Club Cashback is up to you, but options include:
• £30 pays for a qualified FA Level Three coach to train a team for one hour
• £50 pays for ten new match footballs
• £100 pays for a new pair of full size football nets or a qualified referee for 3 games
• £250 pays for four new pairs of portable goals for junior football
• £500 pays for a new full kit for your team (squad of 15 plus kitbag)
• £1,000 starts you on your way to securing Football Foundation partnership-funding
Generating rewards for your football club is easy. Just follow the steps below and get earning:
1. Sign up at cashback.footballfoundation.org.uk (below)
2. Search for your team using the Club Search feature
3. Browse the Club Cashback section for one of over 2,000 retailers, including Tesco; Marks & Spencer; Play.com and B&Q
4. Click on their website link
5. Shop online and complete your transaction as normal, safe in the knowledge that you are boosting your club's coffers as you shop
For more information or to sign up, please visit cashback.footballfoundation.org.uk.
Club Cashback - as featured in the Evening Standard
Grassroots football clubs aren't the only ones getting excited about the new Club Cashback scheme. The Evening Standard included the scheme in their 'How to save it...' advice column this week: