Penalty shootout record for Club Website side Brockenhurst

Hampshire's Brockenhurst FC were part of footballing history this month when they won a record-breaking penalty shootout.

The club - whose website is powered by Club Website - made the record books with opponents Andover Town by converting the first 29 consecutive spot kicks in their Hampshire Senior Cup tie - an English football record.

The remarkable run began after the game finished 0-0 after extra time and lasted a full six minutes before the Andover's Claudio Herbert missed with the score at 15-14 to put Brockenhurst into the next round.

The Football Association have confirmed that the 29 consecutive penalties was confirmed by the Football Association as a record, beating the 27 consecutive spot kicks in Dagenham & Redbridge's 2011 Johnstone's Paint Trophy win over Leyton Orient.

The record has attracted widespread media interest, with fall guy Herbert thrust into the limelight having missed his second penalty in the shootout, although he is determined not to let the miss affect him.

"I was excited but nervous," Herbert told the BBC. "I never thought I'd have to take the 30th penalty in a shoot-out. I've been involved in penalty shoot-outs before, but nothing like this. There was not so much pressure.

"I would definitely take another one. I'd never shy away from taking a penalty."

Posted in Uncategorized

Save hours each week with Teamer

Take the hassle out of organising your Team with the free Teamer app for sports teams! It takes minutes to get started.

Give it a shot

Popular Posts