Pitch in for a chance to win £100 of footie goodies

The Football Foundation has launched a brand new survey which aims to get feedback from people using artificial grass pitches.

This simple survey enables you to provide your first-hand experience of playing and coaching on an artificial grass pitch and will be used to help inform research that the Foundation is conducting into these types of playing surfaces.

By doing so, not only will you be helping to improve grassroots facilities in England, but you’ll also have the chance of winning one of five goodie bags, each containing football gifts worth £100 courtesy of The Football Association.

The survey can be accessed through PitchFinder – the largest database of football facilities in Britain, created and managed by the Football Foundation.

Once on the PitchFinder website, simply find the venue with the artificial grass pitch that your club plays on and click on the Rate this venue button to complete the survey.

Funded by the Premier League, The FA and the Government (via Sport England), the Football Foundation is the UK’s largest sports charity. Since launching in July 2000, it has supported more than 9,000 community sports projects worth around £1billion.

To complete the Football Foundation survey please visit www.pitchfinder.org.uk and search for the venue you play at.

To be eligible to win one of the five £100 FA goodie bags, you must be aged 14 or over and complete the survey before 31 May 2013.

Dan Pope on LinkedinDan Pope on Twitter
Dan Pope
Writer at Teamer
Freelance writer, editor and copywriter, with a passion for grassroots sport. A right back turned football writer, Dan is the former editor of Club Website and has been lucky enough to work in the field of grassroots and community sport for the last 10 years.

Take the hassle out of organising your sports team with Teamer. Organise, communicate and take payments.

6 Comments

1. Tony Ruane on April 25, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I am a member of Moorfield AFC our website is
    http://www.moorfieldafc.co.uk We currently have two adult and four junior teams training on a 3G artificial pitch we find that the quality of service is ideal for football training as it helps developed passing skills amongst many other benefits due to the surface being in an excellent condition. We are constantly turning junior players away due to our own lack of facilities long rearm we have unused parcels of land within our boundaries that we would like to developers into a 3G pitch and to add further junior size pitches on the land

2. Kenneth Allen on April 25, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I ran the line for a semi-final a couple of weeks ago, at senior level, on a 3G artificial pitch, what a farce, there were two wires, across the pitch, at about 10 foot high, so that the pitch could be split into three. The ball kept hitting the wires, causing a stop in play. This is not the first 3G pitch I have seen with these wires. Surely, it’s within the bounds of reason, to be able to remove the wires?

3. Paul Hewish on April 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Its a great surface for teaching children football, in that in encourages more pass and move as the ball doesn’t hold up rather than just boot upfront and go for territory.

4. Andrew Hovord on April 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Facility at Cowbridge is conducive to playing football. There are no lines across the pitch and you can use the changing rooms if need be.
    The staff are very helpful and do the best they can for you at all times.

5. Mark Hird on April 25, 2013 at 8:15 pm

After spending a week on tour in Spain i think All jnr football should be played on astroturf (3 or 4 G) as after watching every Spanish side we played against train and play on astro week in week out i can see why they are better technically,As british kids play on bogs of pitches in the freezing cold weather,i also think we should have jnr football in the summer to help improve them technically.

6. clive hobday on April 25, 2013 at 9:20 pm

we use it for our team its agreta surface to play on

Join the discussion