Get your club more sponsors for the season ahead!

As the new football season rolls ever closer, we’ve had a number of people ask us about the best way to attract sponsors to their club or team.

Now here at Club Website, we know that getting sponsorship is the worst job in the club – been there, done that!

That’s why we’ve arranged for a number of ways for you to raise extra finance for your club via your club website.

Your website’s Cashback section allows everyone at your club to raise extra funds for the kitty every time they shop for their day-to-day stuff online, whilst your Club Shop gives you an easy-to-use and secure platform to sell your own merchandise.

Take a look at the ‘Money for Nothing’ section on our Club Tour page for more details – raising money for your club has never been so easy!

Getting the sponsors in!

Of course, the other great way to get some much-needed funds into your club is to find some sponsors who will gladly part with their hard-earned cash in exchange for your club giving them some publicity in return.

As a club, every bit of extra visibility you can offer a sponsor can be used as a bargaining chip for a few extra quid, so we’ve set up your club website with this in mind.

Your sponsors’ logos will appear on every page of your club/team website and you can add details of each sponsor, including a link to their website, to a dedicated sponsors page.

You can even give one or more sponsor the premium treatment – and charge them a ‘premium’ fee! – by using your Sponsors pod.

For full details on how to make the most of your Sponsors sections, check out our Club Website Help pages. Once you’re ready to go, head out and speak to those people and businesses in your local area who are just waiting to sponsor your club!

We’ve pulled together a few of our own top tips for attracting new sponsors. But we don’t know best – well, not always! – so we put the question out there to you lot via our Facebook page and, as ever, we got a cracking response.

The full discussion can still be found dated 19 July our Facebook timeline, but we’ve included a few of your top tips below – from meeting businesses face-to-face to doing a sponsorship raffle.

Hope it all helps and good luck for the season ahead!

Sponsors – Club Website’s top tips

* Get your club website Sponsors section to look the part first. If you don’t yet have any sponsors, set up a dummy account or two to demonstrate how it works

* Go close to home first. Speak to any players, club members or supporters who run a business and see if they’re interested

* Speak to local suppliers to the club (e.g. sports shops, caterers, the local pub) who might be interested in going a step further

* Speak to other local businesses (if you are already known by them, all the better) and find a link between your club and that business (locality, customers, players)

* Whoever you speak to, show them your club website and tell them how much visibility it will help them get in the local community. If you have loads of hits, show them!

Sponsors – Club Website members’ top tips

We asked our Facebook members “What methods do you use to attract sponsors to your club? Which methods are most successful?”

The reaction we got was fantastic. Here are just a few of the highlights:

Colin Bain: “I found going into see local company’s worked best. Face to face.”

Mark Berry: “Begging! Tap up local business, find out which companies parents work for and see if they will offer sponsorship. Each team tries and gets sponsorship for their playing kit – so far each team has found a parent who has contacts in the right places and managed to get most, if not all, paid for by sponsors.”

Warren Killen: “Visit local businesses in person and have a chat, tell them what they would get for sponsoring your club. We got strips, polo shirts, sub suits & jackets, full sets of training kit…”

Scott Upton: “We charge local companies £10 each to put their business card in a raffle. The winning card gets their logo on our kit.”

Neil Callaby: “The £10 a ticket raffle works brilliantly. We did that at Pentney FC a few years ago and the winner (Keith Bass Cars of Swaffham) has supported us ever since. It takes a bit of legwork and one or two rejections, but most small businesses we spoke to were only too happy to help.”

Darren Little: “Before last season starting, myself and the team’s assistant done a sponsorship walk down the main street in our local borough with letters for businesses. Luckily we had four interested from international, national & local companies.

“Not just dropping off ‘begging letters’, but get to meet the people in your area. If you visit 50-odd companies over a few days and get just 5% response, then it will have been worth it, especially when you get new kit & equipment for your team.

“Got to get out & spread the word, some of the companies need to be involved in community projects, so are willing to help out. Plus, of course, advertising on our Club Website page helps out.”

Dan Pope on LinkedinDan Pope on Twitter
Dan Pope
Writer at Teamer
Freelance writer, editor and copywriter, with a passion for grassroots sport. A right back turned football writer, Dan is the former editor of Club Website and has been lucky enough to work in the field of grassroots and community sport for the last 10 years.

Take the hassle out of organising your sports team with Teamer. Organise, communicate and take payments.

60 Comments

1. billy nglis on July 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm

9 v 9 whits that,,scotland miles behind still playin 7s n 4s,,when will sfa grow a pair and follow suit,,but then look at the way hey hav acted hs ast 5 monhs,,

2. Mark Riley on August 1, 2012 at 8:39 am

We actually raise funds for childrens football teams in the Yorkshire area. We do this in partnership with the clubs by helping them provide a monthly newsletter and asking local people to support them by purchasing the newsletter

3. Allan Matsiko on August 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Its great to know how we can get sponsors for our league.we started a christian league in our country Uganda-East Africa and would like you to help us more on how we can get it running,with support financial.
    Please get back to me.
    Allan Matsiko- league secretary

4. SAMUEL WILSON on February 22, 2013 at 6:41 pm

The raffle idea is just perfect! no cost to the businesses who dont win and a beautiful coup for the one that does. whoever came up with that idea is a absolute legend, i will comment back when its been a success for our start up team, i know it will be!

5. ibrahim on March 27, 2013 at 9:33 pm

plzz we are looking for someone that will sponcer our team

6. elvin willemse on September 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm

We are a racing pigeon club in south africa and seek a sponsor because its our first time . can u help ? please atleast contact us

7. campbell higgins on September 15, 2013 at 1:02 pm

elvin willemse : Could your racing pigeons deliver advertising literature to Sth Africa for Ightham FC? Our pitch (the ‘Bowl’) is close by the first Kentish cobnuts ever grown – we would pay commission based on the orders that come in following the flight of your birds, and payment for our exported nuts of course.

8. faizal kiyingi on October 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Kobs United is football club based in Croydon. We have been doing great with a treble in out first season back in 2009 and a league cup double in 2010. However we lack sponsorship and its hard to keep going forward as we want to. You can visit our website ‘kobsunited.co.uk’ and contact us through the details provided on the website or send in an email at ‘[email protected]

9. Tercilia Bastos on March 29, 2014 at 4:17 pm
  10. Simon York on April 2, 2014 at 11:08 am

We are a new team looking at running 3 disability teams,in sheerness in Kent, UK, 2 girls teams next season, we are struggling and may have to fold if help is not found, could anyone please help or give advice
    01795 663106 or 07739505809

11. martin madden on April 2, 2014 at 3:07 pm

new team new start anyone got a template to go by or guidelines to work from for putting a successful bid in for funds .. well our teams in birmingham anyone interested in sponsoring us please 11 aside team called bluepool fc

12. Julia on July 4, 2014 at 3:24 pm

I have just volunteered myself as Secretary of a local Team called Willenhall PRD . I’m now looking for local businesses that will sponsor the team, we are a youth team and have had to go into the under 21s league. The team won both the league and the local cup last season. The then manager decided that he no longer wanted the job,so disbanded them from the league. One of the dads has stepped in as manager and myself as Secretary amongst all the other jobs that will need to be covered. All because the lads were all left upset because they found themselves having to worry about splitting up and looking to join other teams if no one was willing to manage them. As a result of all this,We now find ourselves in some much needed sponsorship. In return for the generosity of any company willing to sponsor us, we can mention them at every opportunity and have something printed on the teams kits.If you are interested, please feel free to contact me using the above email address and I will be happy to help and answer any queries about the team . Thank you for taking the time to read this. Julia (Secretary of Willenhall PRD ).

13. Deb on July 13, 2014 at 8:34 pm

We are just starting a new football league in Council Bluffs. We are in desperate need of some sponsers. Please help me out. We have played two games but feel we are failing. P
    lease help.

14. tony knapps on August 22, 2014 at 6:02 am

im about to start my own team in modesto ca an i was tryin to find away to get help with the team kit an didnt know how to go about it but your web site gave me some good ways to ask with out begging thanks alot

15. Nickel city panthers on September 28, 2014 at 12:57 am

Hello we are a inncity youth football&cheer league
    Our main goal is to keep youth out of trouble and educate life skills, we recently changed our name from the redskins because of the difference their having in tha NFL, so were looking for sponsorship
    To help buy new uniforms for boy and girls

Thank you! And have a bless one

16. Chris Robertson on December 3, 2014 at 1:23 pm

We are a team in Kirkham in Preston and we would love some help in getting a sponcer for our club I have some great ideas the the person that would sponcer us on getting there money back that they put into the club many thanks.
    MR C.Robertson

17. baker kafuuma on December 19, 2014 at 10:03 pm

we have opened up an academy down this way in uganda africa but a lot of financial support is needed and we are eager to accept any offer given to us. lets develop africa together. how can we do. we need help it may be jerseys, balls ,bibs, socks, guards etc. we are waiting for your reply thx.

18. baker kafuuma on December 19, 2014 at 10:03 pm

wow

19. Clair on January 4, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Hi , our football team has just brought a football stadium in sittingboure, kent. We are looking for local business for a pitch sponsor ( advertisement board). The first 10 sponsors we get will automatically go into our 100 club raffle every month and could win up to £100.
    Bredhurst juniors have 22 teams and some of our teams play at the kent league level. We also have a clubhouse which we run private events.
    The boards would cost £55 a month you would also be on our websites and in our programmes on tournament day. If you interested please email me. Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you.
    Feel free to visit our website http://www.bredhurstjuniorsfc.co.uk

20. Jon hornsby on April 9, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Watford hertfordshire based new adult football team requires sponsorship ,
    Any intrested party’s please contact me via [email protected] .com

21. Malcolm Maidment on May 18, 2015 at 8:42 pm

The committee of Wareham Rangers football club based in Dorset with teams in the Dorset premier league & the Dorset league Div 2. We are looking for sponsors for coming season we can offer exciting things to potential business. If you would like to discuss this please contact me on above e.mail.

22. Leigh Parsons on June 24, 2015 at 11:29 am

Afternoon all,
    We are currently having a transition period at Hexton FC and would be looking for potential sponsors in the Hertfordshire area from local businesses. We have two teams playing in North Home Counties leagues (League 2 and 4) and a Sunday afternoon Youth team.

We are looking for sponsors to invest in the club and it’s facilities with kit and sponsor boards available along with local resident awareness.

If you would like further details, please contact us on 07841391381 or on our Facebook Page “HEXTON FOOTBALL CLUB”

Kind regards

Leigh Parsons

23. Tony myles on September 9, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Dear Sir/Maddam
    I am emailing you on behalf
    Mossend Bc 2003 based in Bellshill south lanarshire established in 1963 and has teams
    from 5yrs and upwards. The 2003 age group are looking for a home strip sponsor. We
    are a great wee team just moved into 11 aside winning there first three 11 aside
    tournaments . The team has links with the well foundation we helped raise cash
    at our presentation night to help build a water well for family’s in Pakistan to witch they
    are going to call it after our team the mossend well. We also donate our old football strips to
    the kids of Pakistan. We are looking to see if you could help us out on sponsoring our home
    Strip or help out with the following Training equipment,water proof jackets,balls, Tracksuits
    Or contribute anything towards raffle prizes to help us raise some money towards equipment
    We would be very grateful if you help out our team every little bit would help. I look forward
    From hearing from you

24. Amanda huby on October 21, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Hi all.
    We are a small football team with only 2 age groups which are 13s & 11s who are looking for sponsors. We’ve only been up and running about 18 months and are planning to get another age group next year. We are looking for small businesses to sponsor us and could offer your business a advertising banner on our home pitch as a good will jester for your sponsor. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Amanda Huby.

25. pete mcfarlane on October 27, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Hi we are Chamberlayne f.c we are the newest team to form from the outcast from the 1st under 7s team we are made up from boys and girls and have started to hold are own now we have been waiting for a kit from our club however we have just been informed by our club we have to obtain a sponsor after starting the league and waited since the summer we have been playing in off casts from older teams and all we want is to be ourselves stand out like the rest from u7s up to adult teams who all have new kits and sponsors we play in the Southampton and Eastleigh district mini league on sunday we would be truly grateful if you or anyone you may no could assist us and will provide you with anything you need from us we do have a website and we are on Facebook but your more than welcome to contact me our web address is http://www.chamberlayneathletic.com/ we are Chamberlayn u7s whites we look forward to hearing from you many thanks Pete Mcfarlane
    HELP US PUT SMILES ON KIDS FACES

26. collins chilufya on January 24, 2016 at 8:48 pm

we were promoted by FAZ to play division 2 my father sponsord from under 12 to division 2 he is alone so we need someone to help the expense is high

27. collins chilufya on January 27, 2016 at 5:31 am

hai it collins chilufya again our facebook page is kasco sports football club. promoted by FAZ to play division 2. our sponsor does not hav enough to sporsor the club help us please our for our dreams to become true.

28. Amedor manasseh on March 7, 2016 at 12:24 am

I have a under 12 team and i need somebody to sponsor me.To buy items needed for the team.For the team to devolop well.And i need money about 225.000 Dollars

29. Ian Shayler on March 24, 2016 at 10:55 am

Looking for a sponsor for a team in junior hertfordshire league U11. Sponsor will be on shirt and any comments on companies that will help will be appreciated.

30. steven morole on April 6, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Hi sir/madam we are a new soccer team of under 13 and 15 years old boys from disadvantage community in Johannesburg South Africa , and we are searching for a sponsor for soccer team kits and training equipment. We are a group of 28 ambitious boys who are willing to reach our goal in near future and play in big league in South Africa and later play in bigger leagues overseas. So we wish to get someone who can make our dreams come true by only sponsoring us with above mentioned equipment. With due respect we should like to ask anybody with any help to contact us at above email, GOD BLESS THE HAND THAT GIVES, THANKS And BYE F

31. Robert anderson on April 21, 2016 at 11:29 am

We are a junior football club we play in East South .we are looking for sponsorship with our club

32. Robert anderson on April 21, 2016 at 11:32 am

We are a junior football club we play in the south east based in East houses looking for companies for sponsorship in our club

33. Robert anderson on April 21, 2016 at 11:35 am

We play in South east junior football league. looking for sponsorship 01316639196

34. nunu on April 22, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Hi,we are a team of eleven years struggling to find a sponsor. We have all the divion from under 9,13,15 and 17. It will be my pleasure if you help us. yours nunu . And we are located in Johannesburg

35. Luke batten on April 28, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Hi all we are a stevenage borough team going into 11 a side u13 league next season and would love someone to sponsor us going forward . Luke batten stevenage boro spitfires coach

36. Paul McHugh on May 2, 2016 at 6:56 pm

We are looking for sponsorship for our Worcester Futsal club. Just been accepted into FA national league for coming season. We have fantastic players and would benefit from local sponsor. Look forward to hearing from you.

37. William on May 7, 2016 at 9:00 am

Hi e are Newton Spurs U13s and we need a sponsor for are kit because we need a new one because they are to small we are along u if u could donate £400 to the team to get us are new kit and we would put your name on are kit

38. Huzaifa on May 14, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Dear sir/madam. We need a sponsor for our team D.F.C United so if there is anyone plz do sponsor

39. Aaron on May 24, 2016 at 4:05 pm

We are looking for sponsorship for our football club. Just been accepted into League for 2016-17 season.

40. Derek Cunningham on May 24, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I am the chairman of Otford United JFC, we Currently run U7 U8 U10 U13 U15 and two U18 plus a coaching school boys and girls U4 — 6 year olds, any support would help us go forward with our club.

41. Joanne Jackson on June 3, 2016 at 10:16 pm

I am the secretary of a local mens football team in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK and we are currently looking for a sponsor to help us through the season. If you are after anymore information on this team or want to know what will be required, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Regards Joanne

42. john on June 13, 2016 at 1:57 pm

i coach an u18s football team in south shields and am looking for sponsors for the coming season won promotion to the premier league last season at u17s
    great bunch of lads with great potential will become harton and westoe reserves the following season

43. Lebogang Maphanga on June 24, 2016 at 9:55 am

Dear Sir/Madam
    REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP
    We would like to request sponsorship for our upcoming matches. Our club is in need of soccer kit; t-shirts; equipment and additional soccer balls.

44. stuart mccann on July 5, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,

ALBA BOYS CLUB 2003’s are a newly formed boys football club aimed at 12-13 year olds and is only able to serve the kids in our community through the generous support of local sponsors. These donations give kids the opportunity to thrive within a positive team environment. We are based in Hamilton and currently play in the Central Lanarkshire youth football league. We have just finished our first season together and we finished 3rd in the league.

Since our organization relies heavily on the generosity of companies like yours we are writing to ask for your consideration in giving either a onetime monetary donation or a sponsorship. We would love to make the boys football experience the best that we possibly can

Some of the ways we could benefit your company through a sponsorship are:

• Advertising your company on our website
    • Putting your company name & logo on our game strips
    • Banner with your company logo & name on it when we go to tournaments

We are also open to any suggestions you may have in regards to making a sponsorship work for both of us.

If you would like any more information or would like to set up a meeting with us please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

Sincerely,

Stuart McCann,
    Club Secretary
    43 Springboig Road
    Springboig
    Glasgow.
    G32 0LH.

45. Mark on July 20, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Hi we looking spo sponsoring for football team in Exeter Devon

46. Lisa on August 5, 2016 at 11:46 am

Hello
    I am searching for a Sponsor for an adults disability football team in Sunderland Tyne and Wear. We have recently been promoted and our new season starts in September 2016.
    We offer opportunities to adults with a range of disabilities, if you would like to join our team, donate or even better sponsor us so we can continue on our road to success it would be greatly appreciated.
    The team has a facebook page and a website (Wearside Warriors FC) please check these out for more information on the great work we do.

Thank you for your time

47. Karma Choekyid Woeze on August 9, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Dear sir or mam I looking for a sponsor for my team in bhutan

48. Whitney kerubo on August 13, 2016 at 8:17 am

My rugby team needs to find a sponsor to aid us in the upcoming games and make playing less stressfull because of the insufficient funds we have…. We are in kenya can you help???.. Your feedback will be highly appreciated

49. vusi on August 15, 2016 at 2:04 am

Sparrows football academy are looking for a sponsorship such as soccer kits and balls your respond on this matter will high appreciated .we have 4 divisions u 11;13;15 and 17

50. Tony Bakasi on August 16, 2016 at 11:01 pm

My football club, lordswood fc, are currently looking for sponsors for its u18s squad for the upcoming 2016/17 season. Our first team are currently in the SECL which is currently 5th in the football pyramid and our u18s are in the Kent premier division north. The clubs ambitions and great business potential for the future would greatly aid any sponsors looking to sell their merchandise

51. navaneeth on September 16, 2016 at 1:49 pm

we are going to start a new foot ball club and we need donation to start that can u give a donation and help us

52. Luke on September 19, 2016 at 8:47 am

Hi I’m looking for sponsors to the charity we run keeping young people playing football

We need new kits and equipment
    Hopeful to hear

53. Lorena wedge on September 25, 2016 at 4:58 pm

We are looking for a sponsor for our under 7’s and under 10’s team pls

54. Lorena wedge on September 25, 2016 at 4:59 pm

We are looking for a sponsor for our under 7’s and under 10’s team pls
    We are Cobra football Club located in Dagenham!

55. solomon motau on September 29, 2016 at 8:10 pm

we batau football club we looking 4 a sponsorship or donation , club is a newly formed club in our community we trying to build a none drug 4 our community as we want to register in our local league we will kindly appreciate donation or sponsor of the following items
    1.soccer balls
    2.training equipment (bibs ,cones)
    3.playing kits

56. SEKITTO MUSA on October 29, 2016 at 11:24 am

looking for some one to sponsor my football team

57. LULAMILE PETENI on November 10, 2016 at 10:13 am

hi
    im coaching a community soccer team which consist of 4 division u/13/15/17 and the senior team ,our community is troubled by crime and drugs ,therefore we put our minds together to protect our children against drugs and crime and formed a soccer team so that the children can have something to do / to commit themselves with. the team is struggling financial and we looking for sponsorship ,we will be glad to put your company /business logo on our playing kit .
    should you wish to assist us please don’t hesitate to contact me : 0836793940 [email protected]

your assistant will be highly appreciated .

thank you

58. Mrs J Edwards on April 26, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Good evening,
    I am very proud member of Football First Academy (FFA) U6’s. We are based in Loughborough , Leicestershire. Unfortunately each year group have to sort out their own sponsorship etc etc. We have played at Man City, Derby, Coventry etc etc. I was wondering if you have any advise or help in regards to raising funds to get the children a tracksuit and next seasons football kit as we enter the league. I have contacted McDonalds to see if they can assist us in accessories, ladders, poles, bibs etc etc

Kind Regards

Mrs Edwards

Join the discussion