What would we do without them? The coaches, volunteers, kit washers, lift-givers, tea ladies. The people who tirelessly dedicate themselves to the grassroots game, helping thousands of young people shine.
If you're involved in grassroots football in the UK, now is your chance to recognise the game's unsung heroes by nominating them for a prestigious award from your own Football Association.
Each of the four home nations' FAs are looking for nominations for their grassroots community awards in association with McDonald's.
The awards aim to recognise and reward people across the country who make a difference to grassroots football in their local community – the people who dedicate their time to developing tomorrow’s young talent and help ensure safety and best practice in tens of thousands of clubs up and down the country.
The awards offer a chance to all those involved in grassroots football to shout about the person, or team of people that have made a real difference to their experience whilst playing or just being involved in the beautiful game.
Winners are awarded at local, county/regional and national level so, wherever you play your football, there’s plenty of opportunity for grassroots football heroes across the country to be recognised.
Check out details for your national awards and make a nomination via the links below.
Scottish FA Grassroots Awards - click here to nominate
• Best Volunteer in Youth Football
• Best Volunteer in Schools Football
• Best Volunteer in Adult Football
• Best Volunteer in Disability Football
• Best Volunteer in Women's/Girls' Football
Deadline for regional nominations: 4 June
• Coach of the year
• Volunteer of the year
• Club of the year
• School of the year
• Player of the year (boy/girl)
• Community player of the year (boy/girl)
• Lifetime achievement award
Deadline for nominations: 30 April
English FA Community Awards - click here to nominate
• Outstanding Contribution to Community Football Award
• Young Volunteer of the Year Award
• Volunteer of the Year Award
• Coach of the Year Award
• FA Charter Standard Development Club Award
• FA Charter Standard Community Club Award
• FA Charter Standard Club of the Year Award
• FA Charter Standard League of the Year Award
Deadline for nominations: 12 May
Irish FA Community Awards - click here to nominate
• Outstanding Contribution
• Volunteer of the Year
• Young Volunteer of the Year
• Coach of the Year
• Accredited Club of the Year
• Female Coach of the Year
• Disability Football Coach of the Year
• Community Relations Award
• The People’s Award
Deadline for regional nominations: Early August
Keep up to date with the latest grassroots awards news on Twitter:
Tell us about it!
If you plan to nominate someone for your national FA's awards, make sure that tell us about it via the comments form below. We love to hear the good news stories from the grassroots game across the UK!