Cantona and Paris tournament give homeless a voice

Eric Cantona has lent his voice to the Paris 2011 Homeless World Cup in a promotional video launched this week.

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is a Homeless World Cup Ambassador and his dulcet Gallic tones feature in the video to promote the ninth edition of the annual tournament which uses football as a vehicle to tackle homelessness.

Teams from 64 nations across the globe will converge on Paris from 21-28 August for the 2011 Homeless World Cup.

Research from the tournament, founded in 2003, consistently demonstrates that over 70% of players change their lives; spectators, media and government change their hearts and minds; and grassroots football programmes are triggered all the way around the world.

Club Website spoke to Mel Young, co-founder of the Homeless World Cup, in the build-up to the 2010 tournament in Rio, Brazil. You can read the interview in September’s edition of The Clubhouse, the monthly newsletter from Club Website.

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the Homeless World Cup visit homelessworldcup.org.

You can also follow them on Facebook or Twitter.

Dan Pope on LinkedinDan Pope on Twitter
Dan Pope
Writer at Teamer
Freelance writer, editor and copywriter, with a passion for grassroots sport. A right back turned football writer, Dan is the former editor of Club Website and has been lucky enough to work in the field of grassroots and community sport for the last 10 years.

Take the hassle out of organising your sports team with Teamer. Organise, communicate and take payments.

3 Comments

1. Nana Hughes-Lartey on July 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Hello

I run Nextfootball.com a pioneering football scouting site completely based on user ratings. Players, Coaches and fans rate players abilities based on what then have seen of them in game.

The best rated players are then ranked and from this we decide which players are eligible for trials scouting or other prizes and i would love to have the homeless world cup as a partner on our website

Please have a look at our website and let me know if we share a similar passion for football.

Kind regards

Nana
    UK: 07799652239

2. Merton Removals on February 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Paris 2011 Homeless World Cup, what a memorable tournament of football match. Thank you for the post and your website.

3. Clapham Removals on February 29, 2012 at 5:57 am

Paris 2011 Homeless World Cup what a wonderfull Tournament. Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is a great person. I can’t forgt this tournament. Thankyou for this post.

Join the discussion