Football TV's front men on the beautiful game

Dan Walker on the famous Football Focus sofa

We all love watching football and, if you’re anything like us, the chances are you spend a lot of your spare time doing exactly that.

So how good would it be to get the best seat in the house for the biggest matches at the biggest stadiums and, rather than having to buy a ticket, you actually get paid for being there?

Welcome to the world of the football broadcaster!

Every month in The Club House, our monthy e-newsletter, we chat to a familiar face from the world of football broadcasting about their relationship with the beautiful game in our new column, Football & Me.

So far we’ve chatted to Goals On Sunday’s Ben Shephard, Football Focus’ Dan Walker and 5 Live Sport’s Mark Chapman about what it’s like to work within the game.

We’ve found out how they fell in love with the game, heard their grassroots football stories and found out what it’s taken to get the top.

It’s not always as glamorous as it might sound and it’s taken them a lot of work to get where they are, but they all share one thing in common with each other and every one of us… they all LOVE their football.

Catch up and keep up!

You can catch up with our Football & Me interviews to date by clicking here.

When you’ve caught up, sign up to The Club House and, along with all of other great newsletter content, you’ll get the latest Football & Me in your inbox every month.

Who’s next?

This month we’ll be catching up with 5 Live’s Jacqui Oatley about the new Women’s Super League and what its like to work in the traditionally male world of football, amongst other things. It’s fascinating stuff so make sure you’re signed up!

We always want to keep you happy, so let us who your favourite presenter, commentator or reporter is and we’ll try and set up an interview with them.

Leave us a comment below and we’ll do our best to sort it out!

Dan Pope on LinkedinDan Pope on Twitter
Dan Pope
Writer at Teamer
Freelance writer, editor and copywriter, with a passion for grassroots sport. A right back turned football writer, Dan is the former editor of Club Website and has been lucky enough to work in the field of grassroots and community sport for the last 10 years.

Take the hassle out of organising your sports team with Teamer. Organise, communicate and take payments.

Join the discussion